In today’s modern Technological world Slow Web browsing is painful. Most of the time the reason behind the slow Internet is Data Connection. But if your Data Connection is fine, then the main problem is “The Speed Of Your Browser.” Here in this article, we are going to share How to Speed up Chrome – Increase Google Chrome speed to Fastest.
Google Chrome is beyond the shadow of a doubt is the best and most popular Web Browser, in all the available web browser. Now talking about the speed, many benchmark tests put Chrome at the top of the list without any hesitation. To improve the web browsing experience and to make it faster, Google has introduced many features like better security measures and new protocols.
Even though Chrome is the fastest web browser available, it’s often bashed for eating up your RAM and slowing down your System’s Performance.
For User Coming from a non-technical background, Chrome is Fine, I guess best. But if you are a Power User, then you can try some methods to speed up Chrome Browser. Now you are thinking about how to speed up Chrome?? Don’t worry here are some methods by which you can speed up Chrome.
How to Speed Up Chrome
Here are some methods by which you can Speed up Chrome:
Method 1: Using flags setting to make Google Chrome faster
Your Google Chrome browser has a hidden browser feature known as “flags” that can be used for testing purposes and improve the performance of Google Chrome.
These features are experimental, and they may change, disappear or break anytime. So, as soon as you proceed with this method and open the flags in your Google Chrome browser to make it faster, Google shows the following message as a warning:
“These experimental features may change, break, or disappear at any time. We make absolutely no guarantees about what may happen if you turn one of these experiments on, and your browser may even spontaneously combust. Jokes apart, your browser may delete all your data, or your security and privacy could be compromised in unexpected ways. Any experiments you enable will be enabled for all users of this browser. Please proceed with caution.”
More to Read:
However, the steps we are going to mention ahead, are not much to be worried about and you can hack your Google Chrome browser to increase its speed and overall performance. If you notice any glitches, you can always revert the changes with the same simple steps mentioned ahead.
Take a look at these steps to change the “flags” settings in Google Chrome to make it faster than ever:
- Type chrome://flags/ in the search bar of Google Chrome to open the flags page.
Here you can see tons of things to change and create a mess in Google Chrome. But, proceed carefully and don’t change any setting on your own.
- Search for Maximum tiles for interest area and set it to “512”. This step increases the RAM that Chrome is allowed to use and thus makes your Google Chrome a lot faster.
It’ll be easier to locate the items in flags if you perform the search using “Ctrl+F” in Windows and “Cmd+F” in Mac as the items in flags are not much organized.
- Search for Number of Raster threads and set it to “4”. This small modification increase rendering speed of images in Chrome and improves the Google Chrome performance.
- Search for http/2 and set it “Enable.” This will speed up page loading by making web transactions faster to speed up Google Chrome.
- Find Enable fast tab/window close and set it to “Enable.” Enable this change if you want to close any window or tab faster.
- To make Google Chrome faster on touch screens computer, search for Touch Events and Enable it. This will increase your Google Chrome speed drastically.
- You can also give a little boost to your browsing speed by enabling Experimental canvas features. Search for it and click enable button present at the bottom.
After completing the following steps, now press the “Prelaunch Now” button which you can find at the bottom of the page. This will implement all the changes that you did to make Google Chrome faster for browsing.J
This Method doesn’t work for you???
Here’s another method is given below you can try them too 😉
Method 2: Google’s Pre-rendering suggestion to make web pages load faster
Pre-rendering is that Google Chrome predicts the links you might click, and it prepares them to load instantly for you.
Here’s is an example which might help you to understand Pre-rendering better.
Example: web pageIf you a webpage and there’s a read more or next page link, Google Chrome intuitively prerenders the web page and serves it instantly as you click on it. Also, by enabling this option for increasing the Google Chrome speed, you browser predicts the web pages you might enter in the address bar and shows them as you hit enter. Chrome does this by looking at your browsing habits.
You want to know How to speed up chrome downloads, well in that case this method will help you.
The methods how you can turn on these network action predictions:
- Click on the hamburger Chrome menu
(Symbol located at the top right corner of your Chrome browser to open the settings.)
2.Go to Settings and then click on Show advanced settings.
- Now in the privacy section check Prefetch resources to load pages more quickly.
- You’ll be greeted with following options, choose the desired one to make your Google Chrome faster:
Always: Chrome will always preload webpages even when you’re using mobile data. This way, you may end up using a large chunk of mobile data.
Only on Wi-Fi: Chrome will only preload webpages on Wi-Fi network. This is the default option.
Never: If you are using a very limited data plan, select this to stop Google Chrome from preloading the web pages.
Method 4: Random methods to make Google Chrome faster
- Type chrome://plugins/ in URL box and disable the unnecessary plugins as they make your Google Chrome slower.
- Type chrome://extensions/ in URL box and delete the extension that are unnecessary or not in use for long time.
- Type chrome://settings/clearBrowserData and clear browsing history from beginning
(Uncheck Cached images and files and other below options).
This are the methods by which you can speed up Chrome or I can say Optimize Chrome. Hope these methods helped you speed up chrome. These were some of the methods which we found the best for the fact – how to optimize google chrome. Let us know your reactions in the comment section.