Problem Failed to Play Test Tone could be caused by harmful audio drivers, sound options, and damaged Windows files. In this essay, you will find solutions to solve this problem. If you meet this Windows Failed to Play Test Tone Windows 7 error while testing noise, try options here. One of them should fit your preferences. The steps below connect with Windows 10, 7, 8, 8.1, XP & Vista.
Although a lot of customers are using Windows 10 it appears that some users are experiencing certain issues. Talking about which, Windows 10 users are reporting that they are finding Failed to play test tone information, so let’s see if we could fix that.
Before we start fixing this matter, we’d help you to update your Windows 10 with latest patches. Some customers report that Microsoft has fixed this matter thus be sure that you keep your Windows 10 up to date with latest updates. If accessing the latest changes doesn’t work and you still have this error you can try these options.
This error seems to get a lot of customers of Microsoft’s Windows OS and affects several versions of it. Having no noise is something that no computer person should experience since it is one of the essential things a computer have to do.
Also Read: Antimalware Service Executable
Although some windows forum posts might lead one to believe that it is a hardware problem, it’s actually not. There are always a variety of items that you can certainly do to solve this via software, so please continue reading to view ways to get rid of this matter and obtain your sound back.
Fix: Failed to Play Test Tone in Windows 10
This error indicates that there’s an underlying problem between your sound hardware and software. Consumers have seemed to encounter this issue in Microsoft operating system and having no sound in any way is a key concern which must be fixed immediately. Therefore without wasting any moment let’s observe to repair this dilemma.
I have an awesome Dell E6530 notebook and it’s been a wish to focus on, but since I upgraded to Windows8 / 8.1 I’ve had problems with a few driver related items. One of these issues has been the audio driver. I lost sound totally a few fourteen days before and couldn’t figure out that which was happening.
Also Read: Fix WMI Provider Host
Solution 1: Restart Windows Audio Service
- Open run and type services.msc in the run box and click OK button.
- In right Services Window, find Windows Audio from the Name and right-click on it.
- Click Restart and it will fix Speakers Failed to Play Test Tone Windows 10.
Solution 2: Repair Corrupted Windows Files
- Open Run and type cmd in the run box and click OK button.
- In the command prompt, type sfc / scannow and press Enter. It will take some time to execute command.
Solution 3: Change the Sample Rate
- Changing the sample rate might fix your problem.
- Right-click on the sound icon in the bottom right corner of the desktop and select Playback devices.
- Under Playback tab, select sound card > click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab. You may see the sample rate is 16 bit, 44100 Hz by default.
- Change it to other samples such as 16 bit, 48000 Hz.
- Click Apply button
Solution 4: Disable Audio Enhancements
- Open Playback devices as we shown above.
- Select Speakers > click Properties.
- Click Enhancements tab. Check the box next to Disable all enhancements.