- Advertisements new to the Windowsbook.org Web sites require approval before they can appear on the sites. Such review will extend to any landing page(s) the advertisement links to. The company sponsoring the Web site of any landing page must be clearly identified on that page.
- Advertisements, advertising icons and advertiser logos must be clearly distinguishable from editorial content. In addition, Windowsbook.org Web pages are designed to label all advertisements with the word “advertisement.”
- Advertisers may be required to submit supporting documentation to substantiate claims.
- The Windowsbook.org does not allow targeted placement of advertising adjacent to editorial content of similar nature. Advertisements are placed at random and do not appear adjacent to relevant editorial except by chance.
- Advertisements may not imply endorsement by the Windowsbook.org or its journals.
- Neither advertisers nor their agents may collect any personal information from any user viewing the Windowsbook.org Web site except with the user’s knowledge and permission and only after giving the user substantive information about the uses to which the information will be put. Similarly, cookies, applets and other such files are prohibited if those files transmit any personally identifiable information to the advertisers or agencies without the user’s knowledge and permission.
- The full rules for any market research or promotion associated with an advertisement must be displayed in the ad or available via a prominent link.
For questions about online advertising on the Windowsbook.org Web sites, contact our digital sales team.